četvrtak, 8. ožujka 2018.

Week I

Hello everbody,
I   I would like to start my blog for course. First of all, I will research on archaeological topics in premodern civilizations like Imperial China, Indian Empire, Roman Empire and Persia. I am very interested in mirrors as objects. So I will propose project about mirrors in Roman Empire and Han China. Some questions which I want to research: 1) Is it possible to see similarities between the Roman Empire and Imperial China regarding the mirrors? 2) What are the similarities? How can we explain them? 3) How important was Silk Route for spreading ideas and fashion with connection to mirrors in Rome and China? 4) How can we understand the Silk Route in the context of post-modern archaeology? I would like to emphasize my knowledge about mirrors by analyzing documents and artifacts (and images). The main methods used are qualitative analyses. I will analyze mirrors in both empires. Research methods: literature review (postmodern archaeology concerning Roman Empire and Imperial China, literature concerning gender archaeology), field research in museums preserving Roman and Chinese artifacts, field research on archaeological sites, analysis and evaluation of acquired data. I will use an interdisciplinary approach which includes archaeology, anthropology, geography, architecture, philosophy and ancient history. 
I     I have lot of questions about developing my research concept (how to match different materials and my ideas together). Beyond this, I have practical and conceptual challenges. Practical challenges are connected to collect and choose material. Conceptual challenge is how to produce concept and match it with materials.
      I am looking forward to your comments.




1 komentar:

  1. Thanks for setting out your research here, GaoGoran. I think your blog shows how qualitative methods can be used to ask a range of questions about our social world.

    You end the blog post by inviting comments from other members of the group: are there any particular areas of questions that you are looking for feedback or comments around?

    In fact, you might want to put your request for comments at the very top of your post in order to attract attention.

    Good luck with your research.

    James, Teaching Assistant

    OdgovoriIzbriši